Saturday, October 11, 2014

Culture and Class

This week I learned how class and culture affect the family unit. Class and culture shape how families live and operate together. Money can affect the closeness of family members. Not to say that rich families aren't close, but I feel like families who have more money tend to be more independent. On the other hand, families with less money are more humble and tend to rely on each other more. Culture also affects the family. Some cultures value family time and family closeness, while others value independence. I think it is very important that no matter what culture and class you belong to, that you make family a priority. I know that in my own life I have been blessed to have a close family and I would not have it ant other way.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber! I have a question: I agree that families that tend to have less money are closer and do rely on each other more, but is that purely because they have less money? Does culture or income have a greater impact on family relations?? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great question! I think culture and income have an equal impact on family relations. Culture impacts family trends and traditions, while income can impact family closeness and can cause family troubles.

    ReplyDelete