Monday, December 15, 2014

Blended Families

A blended family is a family where one or more of the parents have been divorced and have kids from the previous marriage. I learned that a blended family is not ideal and divorce should not ever be the immediate answer to marital problems. There was a study of divorced couples and the results showed that 70% of couples who divorced, two years later realized they could have saved the marriage and should have. Something that is very taboo in our society is marriage counseling. Some people would rather get divorced than go talk to a therapist. I think that is ridiculous!! A quote that I really like is, "The grass is always greener on the side you water." This quote really stuck out to me because relationships really are only as good as what is put into them. I have a lot of great examples in my life of what it means to be in a happy marriage. I am very blessed to have the parents I have and I hope to have a marriage like theirs someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment